Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Blanket Is Forever.



Every child should have a special blanket. A quilt or a soft throw blanket is so comforting and can last a life time.

I don't sew that well but I love to make quilts and throw blankets. I have done this for years and love to give them as gifts. When my children were sick or feeling down I loved to make sure they had that perfect soft blanket or quilt to be comforted by and kept warm.

I want to give every girl that comes to Nana's House their own personalized blanket. Some girls will only be with us until their mother or father get out of prison or can get back on their feet and support a family again. I want them to be able to take their special blanket with them when they leave. Other girls will be with us until they are adopted or turn eighteen. I think a special quilt or throw blanket would be a great thing to send them off with as a good memory. A blanket is warm, cozy and full of love just like I'm hoping the memory of their stay will be.

If you would like to make a blanket you can contact me at:
maryjohansen2@yahoo.com

Some of you like emailing me better than leaving comments.
I love comments though : )

No comments: