Monday, February 25, 2008



This is a picture of our Girls Home Staff. (I'm in the middle, Cynthia and Nile to the right are a married couple that will be the overseeing pastor's of the home and Mary and Erika will be full time staff living in the house..)

We are the core group that will be responsible for the home and accountable for the girls.

We are in the process of meeting with government officials and everything is going great so far. The Children’s Protective services are very impressed with how willing we have been to be open and upfront about what we are doing. They have dealt with a lot of dishonest people.


A lot of doors have opened up for us and several donations have come our way too.

Several people have asked how they can help and if you sew and would like to make a blanket or an easy quilt that would be great. We are trying to gather up all the bedding right now. We will need sheets, pillow cases and all that is needed for a bedroom.

I have an idea of giving each girl her own pretty quilt or blanket that they can take with them if they have the need to leave the Girls home for some reason.

Also we will try to give each girl a toy that is their own personal toy. I loved dolls and stuffed animals when I was a child so I want to have plenty of those around.

If you would like to send a blanket, toy, or even a set of sheets, that would be a blessing. I thought it would be good to start out with some easy things that people could send through the mail.

We will have teams here all summer and they will be working on making bunk beds and bedroom furniture for us to open in September.

You can email me at maryjohansen2@yahoo.com and then I will send you the address.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job

Anonymous said...

So cool, mary jo -- thanks for sending me the link to your blog.

I bet that families from chfweb would make quilts and blankets....

Years ago, when the Eatons ran another homeschooling forum, an orphanage in TN or somewhere used to post a monthly wish list. It was amazing what came in for them.

Can we/you/I mention it over there, and link to your blog?

Sherry

Mary Jo said...

Hey Sherry,

Thanks for stopping by here!
Sure I would love for you to mention it!