Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mexican Women Are Beautiful,

About twenty years ago my husband and I were working on church planting way up high in the mountains of Sinaloa Mexico.

I remember that town very well because it was very picturesque and beautiful.

I was just learning Spanish and I would spend the afternoons visiting different ladies so I could practice speaking Spanish. We had a very friendly neighbor lady about my age and I remember thinking how naturally beautiful she was. One day we were talking and for some reason I said something about Whitney Houston being a beautiful woman.

My neighbor had no idea who Whitney Houston was so I explained to her that she was a famous black singer who was quite pretty.

My friend looked at me confused and declared that dark skinned people were never pretty. She was very dark skinned herself and I let her know that some of the most beautiful women in the world were dark skinned and many of them had won beauty contests. I also informed her that I thought she was very beautiful.

She could not comprehend that I thought she was a pretty lady.

Throughout all my years of living here in Mexico I have had people tell me that I was beautiful. When this first started happening I thought these people were crazy until I realized they were just impressed with my blue eyes and lighter skin.

Now after being here so many years even I stop to look at blue eyes and blond hair!

A lot of Mexican women automatically disqualify themselves as pretty simply because they are not blond with blue eyes.

Well, I have news for all these Mexican women, you are beautiful …

Mexican women are so feminine and take great care of them selves. I love all the details with the earrings, hair, makeup, necklaces and bracelets.

Here are some random pictures of some young ladies in my church just because I wanted to show off how pretty they all are!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You really have been down there a long time if blond, blue eyed people make you stare.
Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Oye, Que Juapas!